Monday, May 23, 2016

Celebrity Solstice and More

Our photos of ships are taken from Seattle looking over Elliott Bay, Puget Sound, Washington, USA.

Spotted the last few days ...

Celebrity Solstice
Early Morning Arrival
May 21, 2016

CMA CGM La Scala
May 21, 2016
Elliott Bay Marina in lower right
Cruise Terminal 91 at bottom

Holland America Westerdam
Full "Flower" Moon setting in background
May 21, 2016

R. M. Thorstensen
Icicle Seafoods
Pier 90, May 20, 2016

Fireboat Leschi
Seattle Fire Department
Pier 90, May 20, 2016

Full Flower Moon setting in the west
May 21, 2016
05:39

Norwegian Jewel
Colorful Painted Hull
May 21, 2016
Alki Point and Vashon Island in the distance

Crown Princess
May 21, 2016

Spruce Galaxy
Chemical/Oil Products Tanker
May 21, 2016

Amis Wisdom I
Wisdom Line Bulk Cargo
May 20, 2016
If you are curious about any of these vessels you can usually find lots more info on the web by Googling the name of the ship. To us, ship names are one of the most interesting parts of the maritime world. Would you ever have thought of calling your shipping company Wisdom Line?

Thanks for stopping by John's Island.

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful assortment of vessels with blue water and skies. I have been on several cruises with this cruise line. Not planning on going again as having too many problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John & thanks for another maritime treat from Seattle. Truly lovely photos and how interesting to learn their names.
    Your photos taken with the flower moon are really special! Most enjoyable scenes!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    I've never visited Seattle so it was interesting to see how many large ships come into the harbor. Its so nice that you knew all their names. Love the bright blue water and sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of these ships. When I saw the title I sure wasn't thinking ships when I saw "Celebrity Solstice." It's a month away, after all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have thought of wisdom line but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos John. I especially like the ones with the moon in them.The addition of the mountains is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John!:) Thank you for your visit, and the lovely comment. Yes indeed, it's so pleasurable sharing something beautiful,and that's just what I found here. Beautiful images of all these maritime vessels, plus the gorgeous views, and I'm impressed that you know all the names of these ships. I live in Portugal, which has a great seafaring history, and hubby and I sometimes go to the docks in Porto, to watch the liners and boats coming into port. I will follow your blog with pleasure.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Norwegian Jewel is the ship I took through the Panama Canal last year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John, I love the collection of cruise ships and the full moon. The mountain background is lovely. Awesome photos and post. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. I like the moon shots so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wisdom Line. Not bad for a name.
    John, are you living near the dock or you just go there for the shoots? Because I think it's lovely to live near an interesting and beautiful location.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wisdom line is a good name! I hope the company lives up to its name! Enjoyed your photos of the ships, especially the ship with the moon in the background.

    Thank you for your recent comment. I'd like to return the question you asked: what do you think of the election at this stage?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures. Like the full moon with the cloud across it!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

For Critter Friends

  A Post for My Critter Friends Have you discovered the trove of treasures within YouTube? In my journey of exploration through the digita...