Saturday, May 7, 2016

Early May in Seattle


Our photos from the first week of May ...

Hyundai Mars arrived evening May 6th
Alki Point in the background

Do a Google for "1912 Pike Place"
The "original" Starbucks
This is how it looked afternoon of May 6th
Yes, there is almost always a line to get inside!
Working side of one of the flower stalls at Pike Market
Gorgeous flowers at rock bottom prices!

Our newest Streetcar in front of
Intrigue Chocolate Company
Pioneer Square Historic District

Elliott Bay Marina
Clear, Sunny, May 6th, 2016
Lower portion of photo is future site of
Expedia Headquarters by 2019

Had to show you this one just because of the name ...
Double Prosperity
Bulk Carrier -- Flag of Panama

The Brothers ... Olympic Mountain Range
Approximately 35 miles as the crow flies.
May 6th, 2016
Nature does this so easily!
For just a moment ... Try to imagine
wrapping up an Iris. :-)

Northbound Commuter Train
4:05 Departure from King Street Station
nears Mile Marker 6.0
May 1, 2016

The Power stays on the south end
so #110 is being pushed northward.
Speed limit sign on left
Talgo = 45
Passenger = 40
Freight = 35
(Talgo has unique capabilities.)

In this photo, Engineer is on the left
Conductor is on the right.

A RARE wave from the Engineer.
Thank you, Sir.
Thanks for stopping by John's Island.

7 comments:

  1. ahhhh...got some mountain there. I miss my mountains. I loved the opportunities I got to visit Seattle when I was contracting for MS. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the night reflections. and the flower market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, John. We are staying as far away from Seattle as possible until the Viaduct is finished! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transportation and business. There, I gave you a title for your post. You overlook a beautiful harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know,I had never looked at an Iris in that way,wondering how it was wrapped up so tightly.Nature is amazing and so full of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, wonderful series of photos. I love the night shot, the view of the mountain range and the iris flower. My niece and family has recently moved to Snoqualmie and has visited the Pike Market. Great post! Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great series here, John. If I lived there, I would have fresh flowers in the house all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

Sea Birds

Sea Birds Spotted Last weekend I spotted a couple of "sea birds" on my waterfront walk. I thought my birding friends would enjoy s...