A very short post today in hopes you, dear fellow bloggers,
will not miss the partial lunar eclipse tonight, August 27, 2026.
In preparations, I was up early this morning and happened to capture the Virgin Brilliant Lady entering Puget Sound as the full moon, the Sturgeon Moon, was in the sky above. To find out when the eclipse may be viewable in your area, do a simple Google search.
Thanks for stopping by John’s Island … see you again soon.
Update - 8:10PM PDT


Olá John,
ReplyDeletePassando para ver as novidades,
Uma bela foto.
Boa semana.
Lots of good things happening in the skies at the moment.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder.
It’s always worthwhile to make the effort to see an eclipse, John, truly one of the great spectacles of nature. Have a wonderful weekend. Best wishes from David not far from the shore of Lake ONTARIO!
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteIt was cloudy with thunderstorms here, I missed the lunar eclipse.
Thanks for sharing the link! Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great day and happy weekend.
I have photos of the lunar eclips too. Tomorrow I will make a post. Have a nice weekend !
ReplyDeleteI peaked out during the night and saw a lovely moon but I didn't see the eclipse.
ReplyDeletedear John
ReplyDeletefull moon has it's own magic for sure
here in Islamabad we take evening walk in park daily and full was truly a treat to see looking below like a crown placed at sky :)
thank you for explaining the term as it was new to me
and live stream to moon eclipse is wonderful !
sending heartfelt best wishes to you and loved ones!