I spotted the sailboat (in the image above) out in Elliott Bay a few days ago and thought it would be fitting for a Happy 4th of July post. America celebrates its 250th birthday today.
From my collection of old postcards, the card above seemed to be a good choice for year 250 which will certainly be celebrated with plenty of firecrackers. However, I don't recommend sitting on a firecracker like the young lady above.
I'm also a stamp collector and discovered the USPS has new stamps to celebrate birthday 250. The new stamps are called American Icons curated by Ralph Lauren. There are 12 new stamps and a special collectors edition includes 12 oversized postcards. See the images below.
![]() |
| USPS Forever Stamp 2026 - American Icons The Faithful Dog |
![]() |
| Back of the card |
![]() |
| Enlarged Description for The Faithful Dog 😊 |






...John, I wish you a Happy 4th and a Joyous July!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th! That sailboat shot is a beautiful way to mark the milestone. I also love that "Faithful Dog" stamp and postcard set. Have a wonderful and safe weekend.
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July!
ReplyDeleteHello, John
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of the sailboat with the USA flag. The stamps are perfect for the 250th birthday celebration. The dog is adorable. BTW, thank for the prayers, very much appreciated. Happy 4th of July! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Gorgeous photos of Ships and boats. Reddit showed Z’s boat with an artist painting the boat. The commentary was very interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was on FB I used to follow the Bear Lake eagles. I enjoyed seeing the fledglings able to succeed in their development. The years I followed the account were always heartbreaking.
Hi there John, I am so happy to see your post today and you know I love the boats you see and vintage postcards. I've done a few posts lately about my sadness and today it is more about things I am doing now. Thanks for your kindness and friendship in the past year. It has meant a lot to me. Sweet hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July wishes ... and may the month of July bring you peace and happiness.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I enjoy seeing sailboats like in your first photo. In a way, it reminds me of the sailboats I saw competing in America’s Cup off the coast of San Diego. Your photo shows a much smoother sail! I hope your July 4th was joyful and I wish the same for you for all of July!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a great Fourth of July.
ReplyDeleteEven though you posted this on the 4th, John, it just arrived in my reading list now. Blogger is playing games again! Surprise! All I can do at this stage is wish you a belated HappyFourth of July. I have no doubt that you enjoyed it in your own inimitable way. Take good care and keep enjoying life. Best wishes - David
ReplyDelete