Saturday, December 28, 2019

Countdown to 2020 -- 3 Days

In retrospect, the most viewed post, since inception of John's Island, Snow Plow in Taft, November 23, 2014.


According to Blogger Stats, the Sunday, November 23, 2014 post has been viewed 5730 times, thousands more views than the second place winner, May 27, 2018, at 1507 views. [My own personal views are not included in those numbers.] My curiosity is tweeked ... wondering why Snow Plow in Taft got so many views. Perhaps somewhere a computer is using it as a "log-on" view?

Three more days to 2020.

Repeating from my previous post -->>>
Like everyone else, who is old enough to do so, I've been discovering, over the last few years, how to interact with the World Wide Web, and especially, the part of it known as Social Media. Blogging is not perfect but it has worked fairly well for me. My very first post on John's Island was on December 28, 2010. It the years since, I've had as many as 207 posts (in 2014) and as few as 28 (in 2017). Altogether, including this post, I've published 789 times. This year I published 98 posts before starting a "blog break" on August 1. As we wrap up the TEENS I'm evaluating IF and HOW John's Island will move forward in 2020. I do think it is important to make a decision without outside influence so I'm leaving comments OFF for the time being.

Sea Birds

Sea Birds Spotted Last weekend I spotted a couple of "sea birds" on my waterfront walk. I thought my birding friends would enjoy s...