Friday, July 17, 2020

How to Social Distance

The Lonian in Seattle.

Lonian Yacht
at anchor, Seattle, WA, USA
July 12, 2020

This is a little bit unusual. I don't often see the larger private yachts at anchor right out by the Marina. I have seen them docked INSIDE the Marina a few times. I wonder if they are anchored out due to health restrictions.

Lonian position via MarineTraffic on July 12, 2020
Via Google:
Lonian yacht

Featured snippet from the web

Lonian Yacht. The 87m Lonian yacht was built in 2018 by Feadship. She features an exterior design by Sinot Yacht Architecture & Design and an interior by Richard Hallberg Interior Design and Sinot Yacht Architecture & Design . She can sleep up to 12 guests taken care of by a crew of 27.
Gross tonnage: 2691
Beam: 13.8m (45'3")

The "little boaters" like to cruise by slowly.

This is a nice way to "social distance" if you can afford it. Clearly, I cannot. Note the description above says "she can sleep up to 12 guests" but I'm fairly sure you can go alone, if you wish. 😎  I'm also a little curious about the expenses related to the crew of 27.


Even more photos and info HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It looks wonderful, but I see dollar signs all around. it would be just to pricey for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She’s a beauty but to rich for my blood! It is interesting to see how the 1% lives or floats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yachts are getting ever ritzier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    The yacht sounds amazing. The little boat going by really looks tiny compared to the yacht size. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yacht sounds excellent, and rather different to the ferry boat I occasionally go on to the Isle of Wight :)

    https://www.wightlink.co.uk/routes/lymington-to-yarmouth/

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

Robbery

Robbery in Progress So tempting! [Click on images for larger view] Yummm! My neighbors recently hung a bird feeder in one of their trees. Th...