Monday, October 11, 2021

Yellowstone Park ca. 1900



 1 - 2
[Click on images for better view]

3 - 4

5 - 6

7 - 8

9 - 10

11 - 12

13 - 14

The first automobiles were officially allowed into Yellowstone in 1915. This brochure was published during the years of horse-drawn vehicles, probably around 1900, by Yellowstone Park Transportation Company.

15 - 16

17 - 18

19 - 20

21 - 22

23 - 24

25 - 26

27 - 28

29 - 30
[Actual dimensions of the brochure: 5" x 6.75"]

31 - 32

33 - 34

Rear Cover

I'm a Yellowstone Park collector ... photos, travel brochures, maps, guidebooks, etc., ... items from around the creation of the Park, 1872, through the first half of the 1900s. My collection is stored in boxes, mostly at a secure storage facilty. I bring a box or two home and spend some time going through the various items. I often scan the ones that spark joy and fascination. So, I thought, why not put some of the collection here on John's Island. I want to see how the images turn out online.

Full Cover

Monday, October 11th ... Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends.

6 comments:

  1. Hello John! Interesting that you collect items about Yellowstone. A place I need to visit. I enjoyed perusing these items. Thank you for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked on and enlarged the images and it worked a treat.
    There is so much to read here John, thank you.

    Wishing all your Canadian readers a Happy Thanksgiving.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wishes. I’ve had a good day and too much food. So much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always interesting to look back at the early days of parks. I see similar things for Banff here. The other thing that's fascinating is to see all the mountaineers who first climbed the peaks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John,

    Yellowstone is one of my favorites parks, the scenery and wildlife are just beautiful. You have a wonderful collection on Yellowstone. Take care, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed that trip back in time, reading that brochure. Are there still bears in Yellowstone? Now it's bison, I guess. Such flowery language! It was a delight to read in many ways. I spent a few days in Yellowstone long ago, and even spent two nights camping out in the winter! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

Picturesque Scenery - 1910

Souvenir Folder - Picturesque Scenery Souvenir Folder Picturesque Scenery along the line of Great Northern Railroad, Montana, Idaho, and Was...