Monday, November 2, 2015

A Week of Busy Bears -- Monday [early 1900s]

From our collection of old postcards ...

Busy Bear postcard Series 79 - Monday


Back of the cards is the same for all in this series.


Information on card. Publishing date unknown - probably early 1900s.
Busy Bear postcard Series number 79. The art is the work of Bernhardt Wall and the cards were published by the Ullman Manufacturing Company, New York, in the early 1900s. Series Title: The days of the week. Today's card: Monday ... Laundry Day. Stop by tomorrow for Tuesday.

Thank you for stopping by John's Island. 

10 comments:

  1. Bears are one of my favorite critters, I love this postcard. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I wonder what the little guy will be doing tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a set of dish towels that had the jobs for the days of the week. Monday is always wash day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not realize that there were series of postcards. I must look to see if post cards are still available. Personal snail mail is almost gone. I do not get personal mail anymore with the exception of a few cards at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful illustration I love it. Looking forward to Tuesdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your cards and bears have always been a favorite!! Another fun one for the day, John! I do hope you have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! am enjoying the bears so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just been 'flicking' through your old post cards and must say I am enjoying them.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Washing clothes must have been so much harder in the old days!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

For Critter Friends

  A Post for My Critter Friends Have you discovered the trove of treasures within YouTube? In my journey of exploration through the digita...