Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Week of Busy Bears -- Thursday [early 1900s]

From our collection of old postcards ...

Busy Bear postcard Series 79 - Thursday
Busy Bear postcard Series number 79. The art is the work of Bernhardt Wall and the cards were published by the Ullman Manufacturing Company, New York, in the early 1900s. Series Title: The days of the week. Today's card: Thursday ... Baking Pies. (Yeah!)  Stop by tomorrow for Friday. To see Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and the back of the cards, please see our earlier posts this week.

Thank you for stopping by John's Island.

15 comments:

  1. Little does look hungry with its little tongue sticking out. I like your new heading photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! It is a real vintage one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute postcard of the bear baking.. Thanks for sharing! Happy Thursday, enjoy your weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smoky the bear he is not. Probably a predecessor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little bear and I do enjoy your postcards so much, John!! Thank you for sharing the fun!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this I like to do. : )
    Another cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember these postcards from somewhere possibly my Grandmother. Love them. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm terrified of bears. But somehow they are less frightening when they are baking pies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card, John!
    That's really classy and thank you for sharing.
    PS. Is that Bernstein's cousin? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had to choose a day to visit the bears, I think I'd have to pick Thursday. Imagine the aroma of fresh pies in the oven!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

For Critter Friends

  A Post for My Critter Friends Have you discovered the trove of treasures within YouTube? In my journey of exploration through the digita...