Friday, January 10, 2014

1941 July 2 and 3

July 2 and 3, 1941

We are taking a look at the memory book created by Charlotte Isham after she and Anne Hausmann (two young school teachers) took a road trip of over 11,000 miles across America in 1941.  The journey begins here and continues, on July 2nd, below ...



Segments of Route 30, the Lincoln Highway, still exist today.



Much better than politics ... red and blue show states visited!









Convenient parking with your own building ... nice!
Continue with July 4 - 5 - 6

Thanks for stopping by John's Island.

4 comments:

  1. This is really cool, a visit to the past, even before I was born! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but think of all the changes in our world since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, I didn' t have an address for you so am leaving a comment here. You can delete this after you read it. I just wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and to let you know that you can call me Joyful as that is my blogger name. Someone must have thought my name was Joy. Some people call me by my real name once they learn what it is but I prefer they use "Joyful". Thank you so much again. Keep dry in Seattle. It is rather wet here at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

Picturesque Scenery - 1910

Souvenir Folder - Picturesque Scenery Souvenir Folder Picturesque Scenery along the line of Great Northern Railroad, Montana, Idaho, and Was...