Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Colorful

Early November

Brought this leaf inside from a tree in my backyard.
One of my goals is to quit taking nature for granted.
The color change from summer - green - to autumn - red
is perfectly documented.

A tree in the neighborhood that amazed me.
Isn't it a beauty?

Turns out this is an Eastern Redbud tree.
The thing that fascinated me here ...
the heart shape of the leaves.

Eastern Redbud tree leaf 💛

Looking across Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island
on a recent stormy afternoon. Love the clouds.
And, of course, a few colorful trees.

Way after sunset ... The thing that caught my attention
was the little sailboat in the marina ... first one
to put up their holiday lights.

November 7 just after sunset looking southwest.
Olympic Mountains in the far distance.
About 40 miles (64km) away.


“If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.”
      Vincent van Gogh

9 comments:

  1. Van Gogh was so right. And you captured it perfectly, John! The heart leaf is from a redbud tree is a new one for me! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought Seattle into my living room, thank you! And for identifying the tree, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice John! I have enjoyed your photos. Here, I see a lot of hazelnuts, oak, and beech leaves. 📷🌰🍂🌳

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you from me, too, for the beauty you show not just in this post, but with all of your posts. I love that redbud tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, :=)
    The Eastern Redbud tree is as so rightly say, so beautiful, and the colour of the heart shaped leaves are lovely.I like your just after sunset photo, love those purple skies, and the other two, stormy afternoon, and way after sunset are both appealing.
    All the best
    Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the heart shaped leaves of the redbud. I only know of one of those trees in my town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of the Eastern redbud tree but It looks like a very attractive tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the Eastern Redbud Tree was to have a nickname, it would be the "Valentine Tree" with all those heart-shaped leaves! November is kicking off beautifully for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To appreciate nature more is a very laudable goal, John. The more you do so the happier a person you will be, of that I am sure. I speak from a lifetime of experience.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

Robbery

Robbery in Progress So tempting! [Click on images for larger view] Yummm! My neighbors recently hung a bird feeder in one of their trees. Th...