Sunday, March 31, 2019

March 31 at Green Lake

Walk #31 of 31

This month my goal has been to walk around Green Lake daily, take a few pics, and post them here on the blog. Today the goal has been accomplished. Thank you to all who left me encouraging comments along the way. And a special thank you to 5 bloggers who left me some encouragement for every post ... check out the great blogs they publish!

DJan's Eye on the Edge

Eileen's Viewing Nature with Eileen

Happyone's Life Is Good : )

Red's Hiawatha House

Ruth's Photo Blog

Today's pics ...

First shot out of the car after arriving at Green Lake.
March 31, 2019
6:18 AM
Official sunrise time today = 6:50 AM
[Click on images for larger view!]
Green Lake is about 5 miles (8 km) north of downtown Seattle, Washington. The path around the lake is about 2.8 miles (4.5 km). During the 31 days I was blessed with dry weather almost every day. I found the best routine to be arriving at the lake and starting the walk about 30 minutes before sunrise. Walking along as the sky brightened seemed to brighten my outlook for the day ahead. An early start also usually meant I had the path mostly to myself and I enjoyed the peace and quiet.

March 31, 2019  6:24 AM
Sky colors seemed at max.

1st of 2 Great Blue Herons spotted today.
March 31, 2019  7:08 AM

2nd of 2 Great Blue Herons spotted today.
March 31, 2019  7:14 AM

Fisherman at work.
March 31, 2019  7:16 AM
The colors seem more like fall than spring.
The morning light has that orange tinge.

Final shot ... Final day ... 31 walks completed.
March 31, 2019  7:19 AM
🏃🏆

Yesterday ...

Last night's sunset from home ...

March 30, 2019  7:26 PM
Sunset over Olympic Mountains
as seen from Seattle, Washington

And a few minutes later ...

March 30, 2019  7:39 PM
Just after sunset, Seattle, WA

Marine traffic last evening ...

OOCL Antwerp, Container Ship
Departing Port of Seattle
West Seattle and Vashon Island in the distance.



7 comments:

  1. More great pictures for your goals last day.
    Congratulations on completing it.
    Happy Walking.
    Thanks for the blog mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, John, thanks for mentioning my daily comment. It's because I want you to know how much I like having you show up in my inbox. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now don't you feel much better after all those pleasant walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Thanks for the mention of my blog. I am honoured. What's next for John's Island? Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Congrats and well done. Thanks for mentioning me and my blog. I enjoyed your photos and reading about your walks and seeing your lovely views too. The sunrise, the herons and ducks and the views are fabulous. Will you continue the walking? It is good exercise. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little behind, but you've posted some lovely pix!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Compliments, and/or Suggestions: If you ask a question, please check back here, on the blog, for an answer within, usually, a day or two. Thank you in advance for compliments. I’ll try to keep an open mind about suggestions. All comments are moderated. Please note: Comments with active links will not be published. Comments with an inactive link are probably okay.

Picturesque Scenery - 1910

Souvenir Folder - Picturesque Scenery Souvenir Folder Picturesque Scenery along the line of Great Northern Railroad, Montana, Idaho, and Was...